Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin - 700ml
Gunpowder Tea is so called because each tea leaf has been rolled into a small ball, reminiscent of gunpowder. It’s usually made with green tea leaves and it’s that special ingredient that gives Drumshanbo Gunpowder Gin its name.
But beyond that, Gunpowder Gin is a complex array of botanicals from a number of traditions. Three kinds of citrus fruit: grapefruit, lemon and makrut lime join the tea and are vapor distilled. The remaining ingredients, including Macedonian juniper are macerated and distilled in a pot still.
There’s the legendary American Jackelope on the bottle; Chinese tea as a signature botanical, but Gunpowder Gin is made in Drumshanbo, Ireland.
It's produced at The Shed distillery, who are also making their own Irish pot still and single malt whiskeys.
Tasting Note :
- Colour : Clear.
- Aroma : Citrus, star anise with notes of tea.
- Palate : Coriander, citrus and warm spice.
- Finish : Bold, spiced and long.
Additional Information :
- Style : Contemperory
ABV : 43%
- Volume : 700ml
- Distillery : The Shed Distillery
Region : Ireland
Drumshanbo Signature Serve
- Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin - 40ml
- Chilled Premium Tonic - 140ml
- Served over cubed ice
- Garnish with generous wedge of Fresh Red Grapefruit
Drumshanbo Gunpowder Martini
- Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin - 60ml
- Dry Vermouth - 15ml
- 2 dashes of Grapefruit bitters
- 1 bar spoon of gunpowder tea
- Garnish with Fresh Lemon Zest