The Naked Grouse - Blended Scotch Whiskey
An interesting addition to the Famous Grouse range, this was aged in first fill sherry casks, and is based around malt whisky from Highland Park and Macallan. Packaged very simply, this is a superb value-for-money blend.
Tasting Note :
- Nose: Smooth and oily with notes of cherry compote, buttered granary toast, malt, custard and peach.
- Palate: Sherried and thick with notes of sultanas, sticky toffee pudding, raspberry jam, Victoria sponge, custard and crème caramel.
- Finish: Medium, with notes of cocoa, oak and just a soupcon of smoke on the very tail.
Additional Information :
- Style : Blended Malt Whiskey
- ABV : 40%
- Volume : 700ml
- Country : Scotland
- won Master Blended: Standard - 2013 - The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- won Silver Scotch Whisky - Deluxe Blend - 2013 - International Wine & Spirit Competition
- won Bronze Scotch Whisky - Blended - 2014 - International Wine & Spirit Competition