The English Whisky - "God Save The Queen" 60th Anniversary of the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth
This special bottling was released in 2013 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation. Seven casks were blended together to produce this wonderful single malt from the first legal distillery in England for over 100 years.
- Nose: Aroma of toffee and very buttery. After opening up in the glass a lovely aroma of fresh baked bread pudding becomes prominent
- Palate: starts very soft, creamy and buttery with notes of vanilla, honey and toffee.
- Finish: Nice long malty finish which runs from sweet to spicy and then dry
Additional Information :
- Alcohol - 46 %
- Country - St George Distillery, United Kingdom
- Volume - 700mls
- Year bottled - 2013 (Limited)
What's so special about this bottle?
May 21, 2013 – June 2 marks the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth’s coronation in 1953, and while Great Britain celebrated the Diamond Jubilee of her rise to the throne last year, more celebrations are planned in the United Kingdom during the next few weeks.
The English Whisky Company, which was England’s first legal whisky distillery in 100 years, is releasing a special single malt whisky to mark the occasion. The “Coronation Whisky” will go on sale May 23, and comes from 7 casks. 1, 850 bottles will be available worldwide, as well as through the distillery’s web site.