Sakurao Japanese Dry Gin Limited Edition 700ml
Back in 2018, the new Sakurao Distillery opened in Hiroshima. While they wait until they can produce a whisky, they've made a rather fabulous gin! The limited edition expression is made with 17 botanicals from the land and sea surrounding Hiroshima including Japanese juniper berries, oyster shells, wasabi and Hinoki. It makes for a pretty unique tipple.
- Nose: Vibrant lemon and orange peels, balanced by a coastal waft and dry juniper earthiness.
- Palate: Juniper moves to the fore on the palate, though the savoury elements remain integral. A kick of white pepper spiciness appears later on.
- Finish: A clean, cooling finish of mint and juniper.
- Silver Ultra Premium - 2019 - The Gin Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver The Spirits Artwork and Bottle Design Awards - 2018 - IWSC Design & Media Awards
- Bronze Gin - 2019 - San Francisco World Spirits Competition