Old Pulteney 12 Year Old
The 12 year old expression from Old Pulteney released in mid-2018 was entirely aged in bourbon casks, resulting in a heavy influence of bourbon sweetness - which helps to balance the characteristic coastal salinity of the whisky. An excellent introduction to Old Pulteney (though well worth a look even if you've already been introduced).
- Nose: Honeycomb, vanilla tablet, soft sawdust oakiness and oatcakes.
- Palate: Chocolate peanuts, mint, citrus peels, maritime elements and white pepper.
- Finish: Toffee, brine and lemon.
- Gold: Highlands & Islands up to 12yo - 2019 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver: Distillers' Single Malts 12 years and under - 2020 International Spirits Challenge
- Silver: Distillers' Single Malts 12 years and under - 2019 International Spirits Challenge
- Silver: The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) Highlands & Islands Premium - 2018
- Bronze: Scotch Single Malt - Highland - 2019 International Wine & Spirit Competition
Country: Scotch Whisky
Region: Highland Whisky
Style: Single Malt Whisky
- Volume: 700ml