O'hara's - The Traditional Dry Irish Stout
O’Hara’s Irish Stout < Old-Fashioned Flavors Shine In One Of The Best Stouts >
The flagship of the O’Hara’s brand, this uniquely Irish stout brings one back to how Irish stouts used to taste. First brewed in 1999, it has since been awarded prestigious honours for its quality and authenticity.
Tasting Note :
- Colour : a deep black colour with reddish hue when held to the light. It pours with the thick creamy head from the keg, whereas the bottle version which is carbonate pours with a think fluffy head that is almost tan in colour.
- Aroma : on the nose the drinker experience a rich and complex coffee aroma with light liquorice note. From the bottle, the carbonation accentuates and intensifies the roast aroma.
- Aftertaste : A generous addition of Fuggles hops lead to a tart bitterness which mingles with the roast espresso flavours on the tongue.
Food Pairing :
- Excellent with seafood particularly shellfish and smoked salmon.
- Pairs well with strong flavoured cheese like Bruschetta with Prosciutto & Goat Cheese, Crostini with Prosciutto & Blue Cheese.
- And also Antipasto Platters , dry cured meats such as Parma Ham.
Additional Information :
- Style : Traditional Dry Irish Stout
ABV : 4.3%
- Country : Ireland
- Platinum medal at Meininger International Craft Beer Award in Germany in 2018
- Silver at the International Beer Challenge 2015
- Bronze Medal winner at inaugural Dublin Craft Beer Cup in July 2013.
- Bronze at Stockholm Beer Festival 2008 and 2012.
- Silver medal winner Beer International Recognition Awards 2011 in Israel.
- Silver medal winner at the BTI World Beer Championships in Chicago, Jan ‘09.
- No.1 Beer at the Milan Beer Festival – 2008
- Championship Trophy & Double Gold Medal Winner – International Brewing Industry Awards 2000.