Nordes Atlantic Galician Gin (Botanical)
Nordés Atlantic Galician Gin is a rather intriguing Spanish gin made with an Albariño-grape-based spirit, rather than your more commonly seen grain-based spirit, along with 11 botanicals, including 6 local ones from Galicia such as eucalyptus, lemon verbena and samphire, which gives the gin a complex maritime quality.
The result is a bold flavour profile that would befit summer drinks and cocktails. The bottle is quite stylish too - very impressive stuff!
- Nose: Lemongrass and lavender, shortly joined by a slight hint of waxy lemon peel.
- Palate: Mint leaf, black tea and more floral notes - think iris, violet and hibiscus.
- Finish: Juniper makes itself heard on the finish, but for just a moment.
- Bronze: Gin - Contemporary Styles - 2017 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver: Ultra Premium - 2019 The Gin Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Master: Super Premium - 2019 The Gin Masters (The Spirits Business)
Country: Spanish Gin
Distillery / Brand: NordésBottlerNordésAlcohol40.0%Volume70cl