Nikka Taketsuru 21 Year Old - 700ml
Taketsuru 21 was crowned World's Best Blended Malt Whisky at the 2010 World Whiskies Awards. It really is a fabulous whisky, and for those of you who enjoyed the brilliant 17 year old this offers just a bit more richness, a little hint more chocolate and coffee.
- Nose : Plenty of oak influence with notes of prunes and soy sauce. Cocoa, espresso beans, almost a touch of anise.
- Palate : Spices, black pepper, loads of tangy sherry, hints of turmeric and other spices. Then ground ginger, mixed peels, hints of marmalade.
- Finish : Long, good oaky grip with a perfect balance of spice.
- Silver : Premium - 2014Malt Maniacs Awards
- Bronze : Premium - 2013Malt Maniacs Awards