Benromach 10 Year Old
The excellent 10 Year Old expression from the Benromach Distillery is a marvellous single malt, which is matured in a classic combo of first-fill bourbon and sherry casks. Packing plenty of dried fruit, fresh vanilla and smoky notes, it's approachable but flavoursome indeed.
- Nose: Dry, barley, big on malt and oak. Dry pine, fruity. A tad spirity. Sweet spices after a time and a hint of puckering prune from the sherry cask and maple fudge.
- Palate: Barley, slightly herbal, a little fruit, grassy. Big on malt, ground ginger.
- Finish: Mouthwateringly bittersweet. Ginger, dry sherry, almost hoppy after a while.
- Gold: Distillers' Single Malts 12 years and under - 2020 International Spirits Challenge
- Gold: Speyside Single Malts up to 12yo - 2020 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)