Bellevoye Blanc (White) Whisky
The first and only 100% French Triple Malt whisky finished in Sauternes casks.
One of four expressions from the Bellevoye, each of which are blended malts made with single malt whiskies from around France. This particular expression is an unpeated whisky that has enjoyed a finishing period in Sauternes casks. The intensely sweet wine which was housed in the casks previously has helped to impart bright notes of juicy fruit.
Tasting Notes :
- The nose reveals a wide aromatic palette. Some notes of dried fruit (currant grapes, apricots and date) mingle with notes of spices (vanilla, cinnamon, ginger) and acacia honey.
- The mouth is greedy. It has the flavor of a ripe and juicy fruit.
- The finish is accompanied by hints of almond and hazelnut.
- Primary - Three to eight years in oak casks at the three selected distilleries.
- Secondary - 6 months post-blend ageing in in a famous ‘cru classé’ Sauternes casks.
Additional Information :
- Alcohol - 40 %
- Country - France
- Volume - 700mls
- 2020: Bronze Medal at World Whiskies Awards competition, Best French Blended Malt.
- 2019: Gold Medal at Wines and Spirits competition for the U.S.A.