Balblair 15 Year Old
The relaunch of Balblair's core range in early 2019 saw the distillery say "So long!" to vintages and "Hello there!" to age statements. This particular expression is the Balblair 15 Year Old, which is initially matured in ex-bourbon casks before being moved over to first-fill Spanish oak butts. A deeper concentration of fruit notes compared to the 12 Year Old, and joined by some yummy chocolatey elements too.
- Nose: Honey-covered apple, citrus freshness, coffee and walnut cake.
- Palate: Dried fruit and more apple, dark chocolate shavings, ginger.
- Finish: Curaçao orange, dried oak, caramelised dates.
- Silver: Distillers' Single Malts between 13 and 20 years old - 2019 International Spirits Challenge
- Silver: Scotch Single Malt - Highland - 2019 International Wine & Spirit Competition