Auchentoshan Threewood Single Malt Whisky
A Lowland single malt matured in 3 different casks, namely: Pedro Ximénez Sherry casks, bourbon casks and Oloroso Sherry casks. A distinctive triple distilled whisky from Auchentoshan.
- Nose: Cooked fruit, sherry, toffee, a rum-like quality and notes of Bas Armagnac distilled circa 1940.
- Palate: Rich. Liqueur cherries in dark chocolate, more sherried fruit, ripe dark forest fruits, like a Black Forest Gateaux.
- Finish: Superb, led by thick dark treacle and toffee notes and chewy wooded notes, balanced with a green fruit edge.
- Gold - Single Malt No Age Statement - 2020 International Spirits Challenge
- Double Gold - Single Malt Scotch - to 12 Yrs - 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold - Scotch Whisky - Single Malt - NAS - 2018 The Asian Spirits Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Outstanding - Scotch Single Malt - Lowland - 2017 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver - Distillers' Single Malts 12 years and under - 2014 International Spirits Challenge
- Silver - Scotch Single Malt - Lowland - 2014 International Wine & Spirit Competition