Pilsner Urquell - The Original Pilsner Beer
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe, same way, in the same place, with 100% of their ingredients from the same farming regions in Czech dating from 1842. The aroma and the taste - the body is so round and clean on this beer, making it very drinkable. This is a world class brew, and the bench mark example of Czech pilsner.
- Colour : pours to a beautiful bright, brilliant golden colour with a thick, creamy white head, and a moderate amount of carbonation.
- Aroma : the nose on this beer is very fragrant with flowery, herbal hop aromas coming from the classic Czech hop variety, Saaz.
- Aftertaste : The palate on this beer is soft, with lots of good crisp pilsner malt flavors. Pilsner Urquell finishes with more of that good malt flavor up front, then ends with a dry, grassy, balancing hop bitterness that slightly lingers.
Food Pairing :
- Shellfish, spicy chicken dishes, beef marinated in vinegar and cooked slightly rare, venison.
Additional Information :
- Style : Pilsner / Czech Lager
- ABV : 4.4%
- Volume : 330ml
- Country : Czech Republic